We respect your privacy
Whenever we collect, handle, store, use or disclose personal information that you provide to us in relation to the management, sale or purchase of a property, we seek to comply with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information (whether fact, opinion or evaluative material) about you as an individual, from which your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained.
This statement sets out:
Who is RUN Property?
In this statement, RUN Property refers to all the companies in the RUN Group. These include RUN Corporation Pty Limited (ACN 111 764 437) and its subsidiaries RUN Property Pty Limited (ACN 100 949 166)
Why do we collect personal information?
We may collect your personal information about you for a number of purposes.
If you are a property owner, we collect personal information for the purpose of managing or selling your property and providing you with related services.
If you are a tenant or prospective tenant, we collect personal information for the purpose of assessing the risk of providing you with the tenancy, processing your tenancy application, preparing the lease or tenancy agreement; collecting rental payments and other purposes related to the management of your tenancy.
We also collect personal information about you for the purpose of delivering and improving the services we provide.
How do we collect personal information?
Where possible, we will collect your personal information directly from you. If you are a property owner, this will usually be when you or your estate agent asks us to manage a property on your behalf. If you are a tenant, it will usually be when you apply to rent a property we manage. However, we may collect information about you from other persons, including:
- from the estate agent who has engaged us to manage the property
- from utilities, tradespeople and contractors who are providing services in relation to the property
- if you are a tenant, from mercantile agents, tenancy databases, courts, tenancy tribunals and rental bond authorities or insurers.
We may also collect information from you if:
- you register as a user of our web-site
- you send us an e-mail
- you post a message to our message board
- you give us personal information when using any part of our web site,
What happens if you don't provide us with your personal information?
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information we request, we may be unable:
- to provide you with our property management service or one of our other services
- to arrange for a tradesperson to maintain or repair the property
- if you are a prospective tenant, to properly assess your tenancy application, which may result in your application being declined
- to reply to your enquires.
Do we disclose personal information to anyone else?
It is generally our policy not to disclose information to external organisations, however, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others for the purposes set out above. If you are a property owner, we disclose personal information about you for these purpose to :
- other companies in the RUN Group of companies
- utilities, tradespeople and contractors who provide services in relation to the property
- media organisations (in connection with advertising or publicising the property)
- tenants and prospective tenants.
if you are the tenant, we may disclose personal information about you to:
- the property owner, its lawyers and contractors
- trades people and other service providers
- rental bond authorities and insurance providers
- tenancy tribunals and courts
- tenancy database operators and mercantile agents
- referees you have nominated.
When you engage us to manage a property, or apply for a tenancy, we may seek your consent to us using or disclosing personal information about you for particular purposes.
Where we disclose information to our contractors, we seek to ensure that they do not use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them.
Sometimes the law requires us to disclose personal information. For example, information may be disclosed to a court in response to a subpoena or to a government agency. We may also disclose personal information where you consent to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
From time to time we may use your personal information to inform you about our services and products or promotions that we think may be of interest to you. We will generally give the opportunity to express a wish not to receive these direct marketing communications. You can let us know at any time if you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications by contacting us by the means below and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database.
If the law requires us to provide you with information about our products or services, we will provide that information even if you have elected not to receive information about those products or services generally.
Security of personal information
Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information for misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect personal information include:
- external and internal premises security;
- restricting access to personal information only to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions;
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access or damage to electronically stored information, such as requiring identifiers and passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software; and
- maintaining physical security over paper records.
We will correct inaccurate information
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We do everything we can to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we will ask you to tell us if there are any changes to your personal information.
If any of the information we are holding is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You can access personal information we hold about you
You may gain access to the information that we have collected about you, by contacting us as set out below. If any of the information we are holding is inaccurate, we will correct it for you. We will not charge you for making a request for access. However, we may charge you if we incur costs in providing access to this information.
We track usage patterns for our website
When you visit our website, our server may log the following information provided by your browser:
- the type of browser and operating system you are using
- the previous site that you visited
- your server's IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet - usually one of your service provider's machines)
- the date and time of your visit
- the address of the pages accessed
- the documents downloaded.
We only use the information logged by our server for the purpose of statistical usage analysis or systems administration.
Third party web sites
Search terms that you enter when searching our publications database engine are collected, but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms to ascertain what people are looking for at our site, and to improve the services that we provide.
If you send us an e-mail
If you send us an e-mail containing personal information we take steps to ensure the confidentiality of that information. The content of e-mails is sometimes monitored for maintenance and fault detection purposes or for legal compliance purposes.
We may use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provided it. We may also use your e-mail address to respond to feedback given about this site, and to confirm receipt of e-mails if we need to contact you for any reason. We may send you an e-mail providing general information about services that we provide or that are available to you from other persons, to provide any information you request. Each time we do that, we will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive more e-mails of that type.
This site contains links to other sites which are owned or operated by third parties independent of us. Those owners or operators are responsible for informing you about their security and privacy practices. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any sites linked to our site.
If you believe that the privacy of your personal information has been compromised by us, please let us know. You can make a complaint by contacting us as set out above.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site or your dealings with this site, you should contact us:
||03 9514 8811
||1300 782 512
||Level 1, 107 High Street, Prahran, VIC 3181
www.RUN.com.au Level 1, 107 High Street, Prahran, VIC 3181
Director and Licensed Estate Agent: Sam Herszberg ABN: 68 100 949 166